tunnel request

ben ben@ibs-us.net
Mon, 6 Jan 1997 17:11:24 -0800 (PST)

> This reminds me... there's still a bug in that web page for creating the
> IPv6 address... if the ASN is >255 then the upper 8 bits are lost.
> The IPv6 address in this case should be 5f09:f400:cf56:e200::
> (actually, it'd help a LOT if in the web page script, it did the ASN
> lookup itself... some people still don't know how to look it up.)
   This should be fixed now... sorry for the inconvenience.  And thanks
to those who identified the problem.

   This next question came up once or twice before, but I don't know that
it was answered clearly enough for me to understand...  What is the 'ASN'
field?  Is it my ASN, my IPv4 provider's ASN, my IPv6 provider's ASN, etc...
If I could figure that out then I could probably figure out something to
do auto-ASN lookups.  Until then, just hit "ASN list" at the bottom of the
form.  Oh, and it's tablized now;  http://www.ibs-us.net/ipv6

Sideways to the Sun,  www.ibs-us.net/~ben 45.5183754N/-122.6750031W
--Ben Kirkpatrick IBS 503.227.7010 fax 503.227.5778 page 503.229.3199