DNS domain for 6bone?

Erich Meier Erich.Meier@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 13:59:15 +0100 (MET)

> Dear Erich,
> 	Now there is an idea worth pursuing.  I am still setting up my site and
> should be asking for a tunnel soon.  My question on that though is
> whether we have a working version of BIND or something similar that can
> return the AAAA and A records for us.  I'd be glad to find out.

Sure, there is no problem with that. Just follow the steps shown on Bob's
webpages (http://www-cnr.lbl.gov/6bone/) to hookup to the 6bone. This includes
choosing a RFC1897 compliant IPv6 testing prefix for your site and finding
an "upper layer" nameserver that provides reverse lookup delegations to you.
The location of this nameserver depends on your AS number or better if someone
has set up a IPv6 reverse lookup nameserver for your AS number yet. If you're
the first one in your AS, then you should contact Bill Manning (manning@isi.edu)
for a delegation.

Bind supports AAAA records starting with version 4.9.4.

Hope this helps,
Erich