new JOIN ping statistic

JOIN Project Team JOIN Project Team <join@uni-muenster.de>
Fri, 8 Aug 1997 13:59:21 +0200 (MEZ)

Hi,

we have changed our 6bone ping statistic to fit the new RIPE style 6bone
registry:

Hourly the ping information for the 6bone backbone sites is received by
whois queries to the ISI database and then a sequence of five pings is
executed to these sites. Additionally DNS and reverse DNS is checked. You
can click on the entries in the table to perform an additional ping or
nslookup immediately (as soon as traceroute is available for the Solaris
implementation we will use it instead of ping).

If you like to be pinged hourly from our JOIN site please mail us. Then we
add a further ping table for non-backbone sites.

Hope this page is useful for you,

all the best
- Guido

JOIN -- IP Version 6 in the WiN   Guido Wessendorf
        A project of DFN          Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet Muenster
Project Team email:               Universitaetsrechenzentrum
           join@uni-muenster.de   Einsteinstrasse 60
http://www.join.uni-muenster.de   D-48149 Muenster / Germany

phone: +49 251 83 31639, fax: +49 251 83 31653, email: wessend@uni-muenster.de