6bone Agenda for Munich - draft version of 4Aug97

Bob Fink RLFink@lbl.gov
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 18:43:43 -0700

Gentle 6bone folk,

The current draft agenda for the 6bone session is shown below.  Please send
comments/add/changes/deletions to the mailer.

As I still have little input from anyone on the agenda, thus I am choosing
to eliminate some things and regroup others.  Where no name is present I am
still hoping to receive volunteers on that subject.  If I receive none, the
item will either be deleted or I will attempt to elicit input at the
meeting, ad hoc.

So...I need to hear from you!

Remember that the 6bone activity is now part of ngtrans (along with
"tools"). The ngtrans meetings are scheduled as shown below.  Note that the
6bone portion of the meeting will be in two pieces.  If we don't have
sufficient content for the second hour we will adjourn.

Thanks,

Bob

TUESDAY, August 12, 1997

1415-1515  Afternoon Sessions II

Lindau      OPS	ngtrans  Next Generation Transition (Tools) WG

1515-1545  Break (Refreshments provided) - Congress Foyer

1545-1645  Afternoon Sessions III

Lindau      OPS	ngtrans  Next Generation Transition (6bone) WG  <<<<<<<<<<<<<

1700-1800  Afternoon Sessions IV

Lindau      OPS	ngtrans  Next Generation Transition (6bone) WG  <<<<<<<<<<<<<

NGTRANS-6BONE Agenda - Munich IETF

Tuesday, August 12, 1545-1800

1. Introduction & agenda - Bob Fink (10 mins)

2. Status of Action Items from Memphis - (20 mins)

2.1 CAIRN Backbone Proposal - Allison Mankin
    (update from Allison on her proposal/plans?)

2.2 RFC1987 changes to use virtual IPv6 provider ID - Hsin Fang
    (are we abandoning or closing this - Hsin?)

2.3 Aggregation-Based Addressing Structure for 6bone - Bob Fink
    (agenda item below)

2.4 I-D "Representing IPv6 Tunnels in RPSL" - David Meyer
    (maybe this is closed - Dave?)

2.5 New 6BONE registry - David Kessens
    (agenda item below)

2.6 DNS for localized 6bone routing registry information - Bill Manning
    (maybe this is closed - Bill?)

2.7 Volunteers for I-D on requirements for new 6bone infrastructure - Bob Fink
    (Bob will give status)

2.8 Survey of host and router implementations on 6bone - Bob Fink
    (agenda item below)

3. New 6bone Registry, Overview and Issues - David Kessens (10 mins)

4. Backbone/Transit Planning - (20 minutes)
4.1  Just how much peering among backbone sites -
4.2  What makes a backbone site -
4.3  UK 6bone connectivity among the ISPs - Guy Davies

5. Test Plan for Aggregation-Based Addressing - (30 minutes)
5.1  The current plan - Bob Fink
5.2  G6 addressing plans - Alain Durand
5.3  Open issues for new addressing on the 6bone -

6. Operational issues on the 6bone - (20 minutes)
6.1  ip6.int versus icmp-based address lookup -
6.2  Any good new tool suggestions? -
6.3  When do we start testing scurity? -

7. Implementations in use on the 6bone - Bob Fink (10 mins)

8. Site (router) renumbering on the 6bone - (10 mins)

-end