IPv6 QOS

Martin D. Peck mdp@tbit.dk
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 15:26:55 +0200

Hi Andrea,

Andrea Chierici wrote:

> Hi,
> I am writing my master thesis on IPV6 here at INFN-CNAF,
> and I'm interested particularly in quality of service and granted
> bandwith.
> Can anybody tell me if there are some application that can be tested now?
> I see that the 6bone is up just for pings and traceroutes, can not we do
> something more?

We're doing a router based implementation of RSVP for IPv6 and
establishing a way of exchanging the specified traffic parameters with
ATM SVCs (it's up and running for IPv4) . In a 6Bone environment build
on static IPv4 tunnels this is not meaningful, so we are pushing for
some end-to-end IPv6 connectivity to run tests. Any ideas ?

/Martin

Telebit Communications