6bone Registry

Andrew J. Hoag ahoag@nas.nasa.gov
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 11:48:05 -0700

On Sep 23, 11:41am, Ran Atkinson wrote:
> Subject: Re: 6bone Registry
> Sounds useful to me, except that we ought to insist that tunnels be
> bidirectional for now (unidirectional tunnels are too hard to test
> and are of limited value operationally) and keep the tunnel entry
> format simple, IMHO.

True, and if we do include the handle along with the addresses of the
endpoints, that would clear up which was which. We then could eliminate the
'src' and 'dst' keywords and end up with something like:

tunnel: IPv6 in IPv4 129.99.236.71 NAS to 192.xxx.xxx.xxx Cisco

The insertion of the "to" keywoard could replace "src" & "dst" while still
delimiting the string somewhat.

Of course, we can over-engineer this, so hopefully Geert Jan can take our
suggestions and come up with something we can live with. :-)

--
| Andrew Hoag      | MS 258-6                | Voice: (415) 604-4972 |
| Network Engineer | Moffett Field, CA 94035 |   Fax: (415) 604-4377 |
| NAS Facility     | http://www.gac.edu/~ahoag/ | ahoag@nas.nasa.gov |