6bone map from LBL

Bob Fink LBNL RLFink@lbl.gov
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 17:47:24 -0700

Ran,

>  I personally would find it easier to verify my routing table completeness
>and accuracy if your map went back to its former self and included the
>"Routing Prefix" for each site and also added a "Ping Address" for each sit=
e.
>Others might also find this useful in keeping their tables current.
>
>  It might also be useful if at some future data (say 1 October 96) the map
>were revised to ONLY include data from the RIPE database (one has to regist=
er
>with RIPE in order to show up on the LBL-maintained map).  It would be usef=
ul
>if Kevin at NASA/Ames did the same thing with his map, IMHO.
>
>  This small action would provide a very strong incentive for folks to keep
>their data current in the RIPE IPv6 database.  By announcing this 10-14 day=
>before the policy took effect, everyone would have time to get their data
>online at RIPE.  The only objective is to strongly encourage folks to keep
>their data online at RIPE (which is open to everyone) and to encourage
>everyone to keep that data accurate.

I have been thinking along similar lines to use the map as way of getting
folk to register (and hopefully keep current) their RIPE-NCC IPv6 db info.

This would also be a good time to add back at least the "Routing Prefix"
for each site and possibly the "Ping Address".  Gee, if I got
sophisticated, I could maybe have a click sensitive map that allowed you to
click on the net and go directly to the RIPE-NCC IPv6 db entry.

Rather than shoot for 1 October I would like to shoot for 1 Nov or 1 Dec
for practical reasons.

How do others on the list feel about this??

Thanks,

Bob