ipv6 addresses

W. Richard Stevens W. Richard Stevens" <rstevens@kohala.com
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:43:50 -0700

A couple of other things to think about, when joining the 6bone,
from recent experience.

- You'll need a nameserver that understands AAAA records, along with
  secondaries that also understand these.  I think a lot of people are
  making an ipv6 subdomain that they then get delegated to themselves
  within their organization for this.  (I just upgraded my nameserver
  to BIND-4.9.4 but then have to change secondaries from my ISP, to a
  secondary that understands AAAA records.)

- Don't forget the ip6.int delegation for reverse mapping.  Bill Manning
  (bmanning@isi.edu) is doing these and he allocates them with a /32, so
  you need to coordinate this with whoever in your organization is
  responsible for your ASN.

	Rich Stevens