Geographically-based 3D map

Andrew J. Hoag ahoag@nas.nasa.gov
Sat, 7 Sep 1996 14:43:35 -0700

There is now a geographically-based map available on the WWW. Using tools
borrowed from the Mbone visualization, we at NAS have come up with a VRML model
of the 6bone with all the tunnels that we could find represented. The URL for
the new map is:

http://www.nas.nasa.gov/NAS/Groups/netops/IPv6/viz/index.html

There are static GIFs available as well, for those without VRML browsers. I am
still missing IPv4 endpoints for U of Oregon and KEK/JP (I guessed on KEK). If
anyone can provide those to me I will add them to the map.

In the near future, we hope to publish a database of the available tunnels and
allow for everyone to update it themselves. This hopefully will provide the
most current repository for sites and contacts.

Any questions, corrections or feedback can be addressed to
<ahoag@nas.nasa.gov>.

--
| Andrew Hoag      | MS 258-6                | Voice: (415) 604-4972 |
| Network Engineer | Moffett Field, CA 94035 |   Fax: (415) 604-4377 |
| NAS Facility     | http://www.gac.edu/~ahoag/ | ahoag@nas.nasa.gov |