t-shirt

Andrew J. Hoag ahoag@nas.nasa.gov
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 15:24:47 -0700

At 2:19 PM -0700 10/25/96, Andrew J. Hoag wrote:
> >> equal presence.  I'd like to avoid a euro-centric approach in fairness
> >> to other parts of the globe. :-)
> >
> >That _exact_ feeling was the reason I at first, didn't advocate using the 3D
> >map at all, and then advocated the North Pole version of the map. Although,
in
> >the shirt's current incantation of "6bone World Tour" I feel some sort of
> >representation of the world would go hand-in-hand.
> >
> >Does anyone else on the list have a strong preference for one of the three
> >choices? (Topographical map, 3-D polar view, 3-D Euro-centric?)
> >
> >Bob? It's your T-shirt...   ;-)
>
> I believe the globe expresses the "wholeness/worldliness" of the project,
> and the Europe-USA format shows lots of US and Europe and VERY obvious
> links to the other side of the globe.

Yes, that is the other side of the coin. In fact, the links to Asia, et. al
look very dramatic when positioned such on the globe.

> I would like to offer the various sites hidden in clouds (WIDE, G6, UNI-C
> et al) to come forward with their site names...I'll happily add them as
> they have a place in this message/celebration.

Just one nit: you could seperate out NASA-NAS and NASA-GSFC if you so desire,
as we each brought up our sites independent of each other and generally are
functioning as such.

--
| Andrew Hoag      | MS 258-6                | Voice: (415) 604-4972 |
| Network Engineer | Moffett Field, CA 94035 |   Fax: (415) 604-4377 |
| NAS Facility     | http://www.gac.edu/~ahoag/ | ahoag@nas.nasa.gov |