a 6bone BOF at the San Jose IETF

Matt Crawford crawdad@fnal.gov
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 14:30:57 -0500

Bob,

There has been some expression on this list of an opinion that 6bone
work shouldn't be done under the IETF umbrella.  I disagree, but not
very strongly.  The idea of resurrecting the TACIT WG for our
purposes sprang to mind, but it seems to have evaporated after two
BOF meetings.  (I'm writing to Tony H to check, but that's all the
sign of it I can see.)

A 6bone BOF and subsequent WG would be fine with me.  There may be
organizations wishing to deploy IPV6 internally or with others, but
not wishing to join our 6bone, so another name such as "IPv6
Deployment" might be more inclusive.  But not as cool-sounding.

				Matt