IPv6 routing issues

Brian Carpenter CERN-CN brian@dxcoms.cern.ch
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 10:08:34 +0200 (MET DST)

Pedro,

I don't see anything in RFC 1992 that covers the semantics of
Nimrod EIDs when a transaction is rehomed (as I've just been
discussing with Ohta over on another list). Otherwise, I agree
that it's a perfectly good abstract definition. We don't have
a concrete definition though. And we don't have consensus
whether IDs should be squeezed into the regular address, or
separated. (Nimrod makes an abstract separation between locator
and identifier, but we need bit layouts.)

  Brian