6bone map change - DIGITAL-CA/US & CISCO/US tunnels to G6/FR

Bob Fink LBNL RLFink@lbl.gov
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 11:14:12 -0700

Steve,

>> I would note that the 6bone is now truly looking like spaghetti.  My gues=
>> is that this pot of noodles will be very difficult to run RIPv6 over...

>Why do you think that?  Isn't the whole purpose of routing protocols, like
>RIP, to find paths through arbitrarily-complex topologies?

Can't honetly say it won't work, just that RIP may be fragile for such a
complex topology with some less than reliable sets of links.  We will sure
learn a lot.

However, my real point was to note that some planning may be in order to
create a more sensible backbone for the 6bone when we get to the RIP stage.

As an aside, what are the other routing protocols we are likely to see over
the next year or so.

Thanks,

Bob