request for connection information

Simon Leinen simon@switch.ch
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 10:37:48 +0100 (MET)

We would like to connect to the 6bone.  SWITCH is a network provider
for the educational and research community in Switzerland, and some of
our members have expressed interest in an infrastructure for IPv6
experimentation.

Our autonomous system is #559, so the prefix in question would be
5f02:b200::/32 .  Could you suggest a convenient 6bone "POP" in our
region? Currently we have better connectivity to Scandinavia than to
our neighbor countries, although next year the connections to most
other European countries should improve with the deployment of TEN-34.

Do you think it is realistic to use a Sun SPARCstation running Sun's
IPv6 implementation as a router to connect other organizations to the
6bone?
--
Simon.