Mbone Charter/Objective/????? Doc

bound@zk3.dec.com bound@zk3.dec.com
Wed, 27 Mar 96 22:11:47 -0500

Bob,

This sounds great... I can wait a week at this end.  Thanks...

So all know why I push on this write-up.  Its our init sales tool to get
folks started.  Yes we need to locate folks to do things and even folks
to own some admin, but like anything else we need to sell them on it. I
think in this case its just telling folks what we are trying to do. With
the work in the IETF, Vendor IPv6 Noise, Address Space Crunch,
Researchers chomping at the bit to use V6 with Flows (at least the ones
I speak with), Implementor Bake-Offs who can provide binaries for
existing equipment, Several router type vendors doing V6, and Customers
actually asking do I need to worry about IPv6 I think there is enough
momentum for general interest.  But they will need to know how they can
participate and what the technical strategy is to proceed.

thanks again,
/jim