How to configure a tunnel

Kazuhiko Yamamoto 山本和彦 kazu@is.aist-nara.ac.jp
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 19:06:09 +0900

Sorry for my late response. I have been stacked in Interop Tokyo.

From: Masaki Hirabaru <masaki@merit.edu>
Subject: Re: How to configure a tunnel
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 13:16:39 -0400

> > Hi. I'd like to know how to configure a tunnel to 6bone or which
> > implementation freely available supports configured tunneling.
>
> The answers are:
> INRIA, NRL, and Linux versions support configured tunneling.
> Solaris version seems not to support it now.
>
> So, I'm going to figure out how to configure it under INRIA
> version we've currently installed. I'm asking Francis Dupont.

Gee. Why don't you, a member of WIDE project, use one of WIDE
implementations? Actually Nara implementation provides a good and
generic tunneling model. Currently you can make a tunnel for v6 in v6,
v6 in v4, v4 in v6, v4 in v4 and I will support ESP and AH soon.

If you have BSD/OS 2.0, please let me know. Mr. Shima will port the
BSD/OS version to FreeBSD soon.

--Kazu