6/15

Kazuhiko Yamamoto 山本和彦 kazu@is.aist-nara.ac.jp
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 01:43:23 +0900

Hi 6bone guys,

We've waited for the entire arrangement on this list, though, nothing
is mentioned. So, let me say something.

Today, Alian, a G6 guy, contacted us to set up a v6-over-v4 tunnel
between France and Japan. Since he has left for Pari, I couldn't
confirm.  But I guess he tried to use an *automatic tunneling*. That
is, the destination and source IPv6 address of the payload must be
IPv4-compatible-IPv6 address.

We believe that we must not use IPv4-compatible-IPv6 addresses on the
6bone. Rather, all IPv6 address must be test address.

Anyway, WIDE is now ready. Our tunnel end point is
"june.aist-nara.ac.jp"(163.221.11.21). All nodes on the WIDE IPv6
network has a prefix 5f09:c400::/32.

If you would like to set up a v6-over-v4 tunnel to the WIDE IPv6
network, please post to this ML. We believe that an appropriate tunnel
addressing is as follows:

    5f09:c400:a3dd:400::1       5f09:c400:a3dd:400::2
   june <------- v6 over v4 tunnel---------> yours
163.221.11.21                                any IPv4 addr

P.S.

You can get the entire topology of the WIDE IPv6 network from:
"http://www.wide.ad.jp/wg/ipv6/"

--Kazu