RIPng

Atsushi Onoe onoe@sm.sony.co.jp
Fri, 09 Aug 96 13:48:55 +0900

> Whether or not the endpoints of a tunnel need their own link-local addresses
> is an open issue.  I don't think RIPng should require that, since RIP
> classically has operated fine over unnumbered p-to-p links.

In addition, I don't think RIPng should require link-local addresses
even over multicast network.

If RIPng doesn't use link-local addresses as the source address,
routed can determine the interface where RIPng comes by checking its
source address with address of interface.

Currently, routed require special interface to determine the
interface (ask ND, or extented recvfrom()).

Atsushi Onoe, WIDE Project