Question about sites

Francis Dupont Francis.Dupont@inria.fr
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 21:39:42 +0200

 In your previous mail you wrote:

       I was wondering if any portion of the 6bone has been set up yet, and if
   so, if someone could give me a list of sites to which I could tunnel for
   the purpose of testing ping6 and similar low-level functionality.

=> I know the G6 (:-) in France and the DFN testbed in Germany.
I'll send to you the URL of the G6 if I can find in time the
last pages... The domain of the main G6 testbed is ipv6.imag.fr
and the contact is Alain.Durand@imag.fr.

   I looked at the 6bone web page, but no indication was given as to whether
   or not any sort of network yet exists.

=> I was until this evening in Berlin for the 24th RIPE meeting.
The IPv6 WG has proposed to coordinate the 6bone activities in
the RIPE area (ie more than Europe).

   Please excuse me if this info exists in a FAQ.

=> I have not seen this point (FAQ) in the action list of the 6 bone.
It *should* be added!

Francis.Dupont@inria.fr

PS: if you don't know RIPE, it is a coordination of IP operators,
users, ... in the large Europe (cf RFC 1181). The IPv6 WG is
supposed to coordinate tests and to provide feedback to operators
and users (and do more when IPv6 will be deployed).