Draft of "what is the 6bone"

Brian Carpenter CERN-CN brian@dxcoms.cern.ch
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 13:14:11 +0200 (MET DST)

Two comments

> The 6BONE is an outgrowth of the IETF IPng project that resulted in the
> creation of the IPv6 protocols that will eventually replace the current
> Internet network layer protocols known as IPv4.

To avoid flame wars, I would slightly rewrite this sentence:

 The 6BONE is an independent outgrowth of the IETF IPng project that
 resulted in the creation of the IPv6 protocols intended eventually to
 replace the current Internet network layer protocols known as IPv4.

(Reasons: 1. remove a possible implication that this is an IETF activity
	  2. remove assertion that v6 *will* replace v4)

The rest is just fine, but it leaves open the question "Who is
the 6BONE?" We could add

 The 6BONE is currently an informal collaborative project
 covering North America, Europe and Japan.

(Incidentally, Jun, maybe you should contact the guys at KEK?)

    Brian